According to the last US census, nearly 15% of the population moved in one year—and of that group, roughly 7.6 million Americans moved to a different state. With so much to discover from sea to shining sea, it’s no wonder why so many Americans take advantage of our freedom to move anywhere they please in this great country.
Moving to a new house in the same neighborhood can sometimes be a huge adjustment. Can you imagine how difficult it is to move to a totally new state or time zone? It’s certainly not an easy decision to make, but it is at least made a lot easier knowing that you have experienced, professional, licensed and bonded long-distance movers helping you and your belongings arrive at your destination in one piece.
Good Life Moving Service has been serving Jersey City resident for years, assisting them in the planning, organizing, packing, cleaning and moving to wherever they need to go. For all your moving needs, local or long distance, our movers have years of experience completing moves for satisfied customers. To discuss your moving needs in detail with one of Good Life Moving Service’s representatives, call (973) 675-2000.
Planning a Long-Distance Move
Local moves are stressful enough with all the organizing, packing and cleaning required before you even begin physically transporting all your furniture, boxes, etc. to your new home. This is process is even more strenuous if it’s more than a few miles away. In our professional opinion, the key to a successful long-distance move comes from thorough planning.
By knowing in advance where you are moving to, Good Life Moving Service can begin planning our route. This is important because anticipating clearance issues as well as various state regulations can have a huge impact on our plan. If you have an understanding of how your new home is laid out, we can also plan ahead for the unloading process, allowing you to settle in to your new home faster.
We are also happy to provide clients with in-home moving estimates. One of our representatives will come to your home and conduct a visual survey of all the items you are moving. This gives us an idea of the labor required to complete your move and we will provide you with a cost estimate so that you can make an informed decision.
Full-Service Long-Distance Moves
We are proud to provide Jersey City residents with the most reliable and comprehensive full- service movers. We can help you with:
- Packing your whole house, no matter the size of your belongings
- Fragile packing services
- Providing all the necessary packing materials including standard boxes, mattress bags, mirror boxes, china barrels, stretch wrap, etc.
- Loading and unloading
- Installation and assembly services
Don’t subject yourself to more stress. A long-distance move is stressful enough on its own because you’re starting a new life in a completely different part of the country. Let Good Life Moving Service make this process a little bit easier by lending our professional expertise to your upcoming long-distance move.
Whether you got a new job or just need a change in scenery, moving long distance is both exciting and overwhelming. If you’re moving your entire family, it is that much more difficult. You may have children who grew up in your current home, and inevitably you will have all “nested”.
By doing a comprehensive item-by-item survey of what needs to be moved, Good Life Moving Service ensures that nothing gets left behind. From a child’s favorite stuffed animal to the family photo albums, we understand just how important everything in your home is and we take every precaution to get it all to your new home, unscathed.
We’ve performed thousands of moves from Jersey City to other states and our dedicated movers care about your belongings as much as you do!
If you’re searching for office movers, you’ve come to the right place. Good Life Moving Service employs only the best to move sensitive items like files and personal computers, with the utmost care and respect.
Any move has its share of unique situations that arise, as well as breakable and/or sensitive items to move. In relation to a residential move, commercial relocations have that much more.
If your company is moving multiple employees and their workstations, rely on Good Life Moving Service to speak with each staff member to plan their tailored move out of Jersey City to their new office space. A business is a team, and the Good Life Moving Service team recognizes that your team is made up of many unique individuals with different needs.
Do I Need Moving Insurance?
It doesn’t matter whether you are moving down the block or to the other side of the country, moving is always going to be more expensive than you think. There is always some forgotten expense, or a hidden cost. Some moving companies—not us—will even hit you with unexpected charges.
After you’ve already booked a moving company, or rented one of our trailers, you probably don’t feel like spending more money. Your family’s pleas for you to get movers’ insurance might fall on deaf ears. But you might be wondering: Is moving insurance worth it? Or maybe you’re not even sure what movers’ insurance is. After all, aren’t moving companies insured? Doesn’t their insurance cover your belongings?
Good Life Moving Service doesn’t want your questions to go unanswered. We want you to know everything you can to make you feel comfortable and secure. Moving is stressful and many companies prefer to take advantage of vulnerable clients. But not us.
Most moving companies offer basic coverage that is determined by the weight of your belongings. If any of your personal items are lost or damaged, their coverage has a basic liability of around 60 cents per pound.
Some moving companies will have the option of additional coverage. These options can range from $5 to $10 per pound or greater. Typically, the coverage cannot exceed the actual value of your items.
Does home insurance cover Moving Day mishaps? Some home insurance policy’s might cover moving expenses and damages, but it can vary depending on your insurance policy. Many insurance policies will not cover cross-country of out-of-state moves, so it is good to find out from your insurance provider exactly what your insurance might cover.
Long-Distance Moving Tips
Long-distance moves are often difficult. They’re especially challenging if you are unprepared or fail to take the proper precautions. Good Life Moving Service decided to compile a list of tips to make sure you are prepared for you cross-country move.
1. Inspect Your Outdoor Furniture: Even if Good Life Moving Service is packing your belongings for you, you should still inspect your outdoor furniture before handing it off to us. This includes outdoor chairs, patio tables, pottery, hammocks, and more. If insects, larvae, or mold have settled onto your outdoor belongings you’ll want to know before you pack them away. There are many moving restrictions in place to prevent the transporting of contaminants across state lines. A moving company might object to moving your insect-covered belongings at the last minute.
2. Pack Your Mattress in a Box! If you hired Good Life Moving Service to pack your furniture, we will surely pack your mattress in a box. Why, you ask? Even if a mattress is packed safely in the back of our Good Life Moving Service trailer, it is still vulnerable to dust, dirt and soiling. It might also get bent and lose its shape! Having the mattress in a box also makes it easier to transport in and out of vehicles, into apartments, and storage facilities.
Choosing the Best Company
When you start to search for long distance moving services, you will inevitably be bombarded by offers from companies you never even contacted! How do you sift through all the options and make the right decision? Ask the following questions:
- Are they licensed and insured? Check if your moving company has a proper license for moving between states by asking about their US DOT number. While you are looking for this information, see if they are also insured. You wouldn’t want an unlicensed and uninsured driver moving your belongings, would you?
- Do they have reviews? Reviews are the best currency online for learning about a business. Look up reviews, read them all, and determine if they sound legitimate. Bad reviews usually mean a bad company.
- What do their rates include? With dishonest moving companies, they will give you an up-front price, which then changes upon arrival at your new home or office. Read contracts carefully and ask lots of questions! Full-service should always mean full-service.
- Will they be the ones moving you? This may sound like a silly question, but it’s necessary. When you hire a moving company, you are hiring them. Make sure they’re not going to subcontract or switch to another company part way through your move.
There is a large amount of work that goes into a long-distance move. When you hire Good Life Moving Service for your move out of Jersey City, you’ll be working with a positively reviewed company that is up front with you about affordable rates and the professionalism of our crew.
Contact us today for a detailed estimate!
When the commercial businesses of Hackensack need a reliable moving service: Good Life Moving
When your business needs to make a change they need a company that they can trust. Good Life Moving Service, LLC works hard for our Hackensack clients because moving their business and how we do it is a direct reflection on our business. Give us a call today!